Jan 7, 2009

Working in the coal mines...

Going down. Down. Down.
Working in the Coal mines.....

Wait a minute! That wasn't the coal mines! It was the gym!!!!

I have been to the gym 4 of the last 5 days. I am tired, but pleasantly so. I am sore, but not incapacitated. I am not weighing myself until Sunday morning, so I don't know if it is showing, yet.

Today I realized that I have a different attitude about the gym. I am not as concerned with how other, fitter, people see me. They can think what ever they want. I'm really not going to worry about it. I am there to break a cycle in my life. I need it to stop now. My life will eventually depend on me being healthy. That is a fact for everyone. In the future, I really don't want to come down with some illness that I could have prevented by being fitter and healthier.

It really isn't so much about looks anymore. It is about me, my health and happiness. I don't know what size I will end up. I don't know what is my ideal weight. I just want to find a good place for my body to be comfortable. I hope that makes sense to someone.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Amen fister! I'm so there. Now I just need to figure out a work out plan and get to it!