Jan 18, 2009

Uh Oh...

I just spent the entire weekend with that wonderful person - Aunt Paula. (She's my fister's aunt from Virginia that somehow adopted me before she knew what she was getting into.) She is great. A real hoot. I love her to death. She is also, a diet KILLER! The woman is obsessed with chocolate. I could live with that. Everyone has their thing, right?! But, Aunt Paula, insists that everyone in her immediate vicinity ( about 50 feet) indulge in her obsession with her. Chocolate is the food of love, after all. Besides, when she reaches that euphoric chocolate high, she doesn't want anyone around her to bring her down. With that in mind, maybe you can understand how I somehow managed to have 3 ooey, gooey deserts this weekend. Now, I feel icky, yucky and chubbier than ever. It's off to the gym for me tomorrow!

* Fister - is someone that is not in anyway related to you - by marriage, genetics, or legal adoption, but you would give a kidney, carry their baby, or babysit their children for 2 weeks and still want to be a part of their lives afterwards. In other words, She is my best friend who I wish could have been my sister in real life. We both might have turned out WAY different if given that opportunity.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Correction ALERT... it's more than chocolate. Any sugar will do... thank you! A sugar high is a SUGAR HIGH. And thank you for participating in the euphoria.